I wanted to shake up my life and go sailing (or learn on the job, so-to-speak) so headed to Florida to crew on a catamaran. This is about how it went or, rather, didn't - and my life since. Hopefully it will lead to a catamaran on the clear aqua blue waters of the Caribbean Sea, watching the sunset, a coconut rum and coke in hand. You must START AT THE BEGINNING of the blog, April 2009, to get the whole story...

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

NICOLE LEE - A PRODUCT REVIEW

Other than items for travel, I don't review products on my blog as that's not what it's about. But I am so frustrated at a new purse, and more importantly, at the lack of any kind of response from the manufacturer, that I am using this venue as a way to utilize word-of-mouth - a very powerful tool.

I bought my first Nicole Lee bag this fall and I HATE it. I love the look but functionally it is garbage. It is the Crystal in silver/black. When you pick it up by the handles, the front pocket pops open. EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's closed with a magnetic clasp but it should have been a toggle clasp to prevent this happening. AND... if the large compartment of the purse is more than half full, THAT pops open all of the time as well. Just useless. At $69 plus tax (what I paid at LUCY'S in Langley) I expect a lot better than this.

The hateful handbag. Pretty but useless.

Worse... I wrote two reviews on their website about it, the second one when I saw they hadn't posted the first one - the second one wasn't posted to the site either. I sort of get not wanting to post a negative review but.. BUT... not a single email to me to apologise, refund my money, or offer a solution.

I won't be buying another one of their bags... EVER!!

4 comments:

  1. Sandra, I'm so sorry that you has an issue with such a super- cute bag!
    The best way to get action, however, is always to go to the place where you purchased the bag. If you purchased it online with Nicole Lee, they would be the people to contact, but in this situation we are! Which, I gather, is lucky for you since they Sid not respond to your concerns.
    E-mailing us, calling us or comg into the store is a great option, and the best way for us to resolve this to YOUR satisfaction!

    We'll be waiting for your call:)

    Laura, General Manager, {LUCY} Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laura. I thought of coming in but I have since moved to North Vancouver so it's a bit of a hike. Also, it's not your fault that the bag does not perform properly so I thought I'd go straight to the source. Add that to my suspicions that I no longer have the receipt. So... thus my reasoning.

    I will bring it by the next time I am out that way. Possibly the 13th of this month.

    Thanks for letting me know that you're willing to help me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS a cute bag. I'd be disappointed, too. It would be nice to be able to exchange it. I'm pretty bad about keeping up with the latest trends in fashion, but then I see something totally cute like that bag and it makes me want to go shopping. Let's see..... new purse or boat? New purse or boat? New purse or boat?...my mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa - BOAT!!!!! DEFINITELY!!!!

    ReplyDelete

All photographs are mine and not to be copied without express permission from me (click on them to see the large version).
Some names have been changed to protect my butt.



Search My Blog

Amazon Store

Here's my Amazon Store called Sandra's Selections, full of my favourite things and constantly updating it as I discover more fav's. It's more for fun than anything as I've never made a cent off of it.