I wanted to shake up my life and go sailing (or learn on the job, so-to-speak) so headed to Florida to crew on a catamaran. This is about how it went or, rather, didn't - and my life since. Hopefully it will lead to a catamaran on the clear aqua blue waters of the Caribbean Sea, watching the sunset, a coconut rum and coke in hand. You must START AT THE BEGINNING of the blog, April 2009, to get the whole story...

Sunday, December 13, 2009

NO IDEA

I won't be staying in the suite. It's too expensive for someone without any work. When I originally took it, I thought I had two movies in December which would have carried me financially to the end of March. Both of them fell through due to financing issues.

So I will stay until the end of January and then I don't know. I am talking to a friend about becoming a room mate. She was planning on doing some renovations so has to figure out if it will work. I hope so. I lived with her this time last year for five months and loved it there. We are very much alike so got along really well. And I felt safe and secure in her house. If it doesn't work out, then back to the idea of living in my van.

Or, the guy I was talking to about sailing with who is on the Sea of Cortez, the one I didn't go with at the beginning of all this... he contacted me a few days ago and wants me to come down and join him on his boat. As cautious as I feel about crewing now, after what happened to me in Florida, it's an option and not an unattractive one at this point. I can't seem to get hired by anyone. I have sent out my resume for at least 100 different positions and gotten nowhere. It's discouraging to the max and I am at the lowest point I've been at since all this started.

I have some stuff unpacked, some stuff still in boxes in the spare room, some stuff sorted to get rid of, and a bunch more stuff in a shed outside. I don't seem to have what it takes to go through it all and decide what to pack to store and keep, what to get rid of, what to use. I can't figure out if I should get rid of furniture. I have nowhere to put it...but it will be so expensive to replace it all one day. I won't get what it's worth. Some of it is irreplaceable. I am frozen with indecision and a lack of any more drive. I have finally run out of steam.

Not sure how much longer I can keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All photographs are mine and not to be copied without express permission from me (click on them to see the large version).
Some names have been changed to protect my butt.



Search My Blog

Amazon Store

Here's my Amazon Store called Sandra's Selections, full of my favourite things and constantly updating it as I discover more fav's. It's more for fun than anything as I've never made a cent off of it.