I wanted to shake up my life and go sailing (or learn on the job, so-to-speak) so headed to Florida to crew on a catamaran. This is about how it went or, rather, didn't - and my life since. Hopefully it will lead to a catamaran on the clear aqua blue waters of the Caribbean Sea, watching the sunset, a coconut rum and coke in hand. You must START AT THE BEGINNING of the blog, April 2009, to get the whole story...

Sunday, May 10, 2009

IT'S OVER

Well, I woke up this morning to the sound of a woman's voice and as I tried to figure out where it was coming from I realized it was the TV. David is up early today. I try to go back to sleep and manage a short nap and then get up. David turns the TV down but it's too late, I am wide awake now. We talk a bit about what I am going to do and he suggests I keep looking for other captains looking for crew. I go back to my room and get on the 'puter. I find a site I haven't seen before and put up a profile and start searching for a boat that is sailing the Caribbean. I find several and fire off letters of introduction. Who knows.
David knocks on the door and comes in. He has just talked to his brother and he needs David to help out with a jewelry show in Charleston. David is going to head up there on his way to Portland and he tells me the trip to Guatemala is off for sure. He offers to drive me to Atlanta so that I can catch a cheaper flight home - apparently flights from there are cheaper than those from Florida. So now I am looking for flights from Atlanta to Seattle for next Tuesday. Unless someone contacts me soon, this trip is over. I am not happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All photographs are mine and not to be copied without express permission from me (click on them to see the large version).
Some names have been changed to protect my butt.



Search My Blog

Amazon Store

Here's my Amazon Store called Sandra's Selections, full of my favourite things and constantly updating it as I discover more fav's. It's more for fun than anything as I've never made a cent off of it.